Garbage Service Information
No Garbage Service
There will be no garbage pickup on the following holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year's Day. Following these holidays, pick-up will be one day late the rest of that week. Service will remain normal if the holiday falls on a weekend.
Other Clean Up Events
The City of Puyallup conducts three citywide cleanup events a year - Fall Cleanup, Treecycling in January and Spring Cleanup. During the Spring and Fall cleanup weeks, up to three containers of extra garbage, extra yard waste and one major appliance can be placed at the curb during your regular pickup day. Christmas trees can be left at the curb for pickup during the Treecycling day. The cleanup/recycling days are coordinated through D.M. Disposal and is free to all City of Puyallup utility customers. Customers are notified in the mail through D.M. Disposal's billing when the recycling days will be held.
- Curbside: You can arrange for curbside recycling by calling D.M. Disposal.
- Glass Recycling: In the City of Puyallup, glass can be dropped off at the Elks Lodge, 314 27th Street NE, for recycling.
- Recycling Centers:
- D.M. Disposal 70th Avenue E and N Levee Road
- The Hidden Valley Transfer Station 17925 Meridian Street Easy Household
Household Hazardous Waste Collection
Puyallup residents can take advantage of two facilities in Pierce County for free disposal of household hazardous waste.
- Tacoma Hazardous Waste Collection Facility, 3510 South Mullen, Tacoma
- The Hidden Valley Transfer Station, 17925 Meridian Street E on South Hill
- Automotive Products
- Cooking Oil
- Flammable Liquids
- Fluorescent Light Bulbs
- Household Cleaners
- Motor Oil (Used)
- Ni-Cad Batteries
- Oil-Based Paints
- Pet Insecticides (Pet Products)
- Yard and Garden Chemicals
Materials Not Accepted
- Biological Waste
- Compressed Gas Containers
- Latex Paint
- Radioactive Materials
- Waste Produced by Businesses
- 55 Gallon Drums
Pierce County Recycling
Please visit the Pierce County Recycling and Solid Waste Page.